Next grant meeting of the trustees will be November 2023
The trustees will meet next in November 2023 to consider applications. As is normal with our applications we are looking for evidence of the Christian commitment of the artist and also of the quality of artistic work in the recent past. Also please ensure that you have given an email address in the application form. Please submit applications by 27th October 2023.
1. The Christian Arts Trust is a Registered Charity (no 282582) which, according to its deed, exists for
- The advancement of the Christian faith
- The encouragement, promotion and development of public appreciation in those arts which are essentially consistent with the Christian faith and have as their primary purpose the propagation of Christian truth and ideals.
- Applicants should first of all ask themselves whether their aims, individually and corporately, are consistent with the objects of the Trust.
2. The Trust does not engage in sponsorship, but makes charitable gifts from time to time. Such gifts are not large – typically in the range £500-£2000 – and are intended to encourage artists to develop their projects and help “get them off the ground”, rather than to provide major funding, which is outside the range of the Trust.
3. The Trust reserves the right to inspect a project to ensure that it is both Christian and professional. This might involve two Trustees reading a script, seeing a performance or viewing a work of art.
4. A registered company, whether or not it is a charitable company, may be asked to produce a copy of its Memorandum of Association to ensure that its objects accord with the objects of the Trust. Other forms of association, which are not registered companies, may be asked to produce copies of their constitution or other document of incorporation. Individual artists may be asked to produce evidence of previous work and the names of two referees.
5. Applications should be made via our online application form here. If there is a problem uploading supporting documents then please send by email to the Executive Secretary at email@example.com. If there are supporting documents which cannot be emailed then please send by post to Executive Secretary, Christian Arts Trust, 24 Greencoat Place, London SW1P 1RD.
6. The Trust meets twice a year in spring and autumn. Consideration of applications received the deadline for a particular meeting may be held over until the next meeting.
The Trustees have registered a strong preference for supporting single arts projects, such as performances, exhibitions or commissions and do not support training, education, administration or other ongoing expenditure.
7. The Trustees regret that for the time being they are unable to consider applications for grants from outside the UK.